Medical Daily Editor
Job Title: Medical Daily Editor
MedicalDaily is looking for an Editor to revamp our consumer health and wellness site and build atop its momentum and following.
Successful candidates should be able to interact with business leaders to build and execute strategy across a number of editorial areas, including:
- strategizing, building and executing a news operation
- strategizing, building and managing an extensive network of freelancers
- strategizing, building and executing evergreen content
- building a network of doctors
Proven experience with ideating and driving evergreen content creation in the health and wellness domain is a must. Also deep experience in managing a team of freelance writers and website management is important. The job is as much getting into the nuts and bolts of running a site as engaging with the management team, interpreting and executing their vision for the site.
- At least 5 years of editorial experience
- At least 3 years experience as a manager or team leader contributing to or driving a multi-vertical content strategy
- At least 3 years hiring, building and managing teams
- At least 3 years experience creating successful and engaging health, wellness content
- A deep understanding of the landscape and an understanding of how to identify pre-trending topics that will appeal to readers
- A passion for health, wellness, and powerful storytelling
- A solid understanding of SEO and social best practices
- An understanding of how to optimize content for success on different platforms
- Experience creating and/or editing a consistent volume of monthly content while meeting budget
- Experience shaping verticals and larger brand experiences
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter.
MedicalDaily is a New York based, fast growing health and wellness website, reaching millions of readers per month, with a multi-million follower social footprint.