Job Title: Entry-Level Reporter
IBT Media, the parent company of International Business Times, a global online news publication, is looking for an entry-level reporter to cover a range of topics that can include economics, finance, global politics, and national news. The successful candidate is a versatile, skilled writer who can digest news quickly and write compelling content on a deadline.
We are looking for news junkies, who are self-starters and enthusiastic about quality journalism.
- Creating impactful and smart content
- Fluid and concise writing on multiple topics
- Pitching stories
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Strong news judgment and ability to work in a team environment
- Can balance a flexible schedule
- Strong understanding of AP Style and grammar
- Social media skills are a plus
Minimum of 0 to 3 years of professional experience. All applicants will be required to take a writing test
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining your experience and approach to journalism
- Links to three online samples of your work
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 20 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to their interests, analysis that serve their businesses, and insight to make sense of a globally connected world.