Digital Weekend Editor of Latin Times
Job Title: Digital Weekend Editor of Latin Times
Latin Times is seeking a passionate and knowledgeable Editor to manage Latin Times coverage and curated content on Saturday and Sunday working regular hours (8 am to 17 pm ET approximately). During the week, the Weekend editor will cover the late shift (4 pm to midnight). The Weekend editor will help our coverage of general news relevant to Latino audiences in North America, including content on immigration, politics, business, sports and border issues. The editor will also help the editorial leadership to develop and grow a lineup of Op-Ed writers and contributors to our Opinion section. The editor will be part of Latin Times’ editorial leadership, guiding a team of reporters based in several locations across the US and the Americas. The editor will be part of a team responsible for setting the editorial voice and direction of Latin Times coverage of a community that is growing in terms of economic strength and seeking fair and just representation in all aspects of life in the US.
As a Weekend editor for Latin Times, you will get involved in these editorial operations:
- Curate and publish original content on the weekends.
- Write and publish breaking news stories with the utmost care for accuracy and time-to-market opportunity.
- Help oversee content creation and ensure that all articles meet Latin Times’ standards of quality.
- Collaborate with our Multimedia and Social Media teams to spread our content to every platform where our audience can pick up our coverage and spread the voice.
- Help maximize our reach with sound execution of SEO practices.
Please apply if:
- You have experience in a leading editorial role in digital media
- You have a deep understanding of the Latino communities in the U.S.
- You have a passion for developing and presenting stories in the most beautiful way (in look and feel and with great storytelling).
- You have experience in SEO practices
- You have experience in tracking and analyzing traffic data tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, etc).
- You have a strong work ethic and the ability to work in a multitasking environment.
- You are a Native or fluent speaker and writer in English.
About Latin Times
Latin Times aims to be a light for the Latino Community in the United States and beyond. The light that highlights the rich culture, stories and accomplishments of everyday Latino’s, business leaders and politicians, and exposes the corruption and disparities within and against the Latino experience.
A unifying voice for Latino’s, Latin Times strives to build a family-friendly publication serving the next generation of Latinos, in every medium and every platform.