Editor In Chief (EIC) France
Job Title: Editor In Chief (EIC) France
International Business Times (ibt.com) is seeking an experienced Editor in Chief to build and lead a digital first team to produce fast, accurate and insightful journalism that document the ebbs and flows of global markets and serves the needs of investors and local consumers in France, in the local language. The candidate will be responsible for setting the editorial direction of the publication, overseeing the editing and publication of all content, and building and managing the editorial team of core staff and freelance contributors and most importantly, building out the audience.
The Editor-in-Chief should have a strong grounding in business and financial news to serve investors and consumers and other premium customers. Additionally, the candidate should also have significant experience in political, economic and general news to serve our wide, diverse audience fitting for the local market.
The ideal candidate will bring ample experience overseeing editorial teams, is an inspiring leader, has an extensive network of experts, business leaders, writers, editors, and sources.
Successful candidates will know the competitive landscape of business, finance, retail investing publications and have ideas about how to set IBT apart in France, while maintaining relevance. Candidates should also be digitally savvy and will be expected to work together with the team to advance not only the content but the product offering.
The right person for this role should also feel comfortable being the face of a brand internally and externally, on social networks, at industry events, to partners and to other media.
- Build out news operations with staff, freelancers, contributors and experts
- Cultivate an innovative culture keeping IBT’s newsroom and operations on the forefront
- Balance commercial needs and that of the newsroom, managing budgets, with an eye for ROI
- Smartly Integrate new forms of technology (AI,MR,VR etc) and story telling (social, video, etc)
- Grow audience among retail investors, and professional markets
- Represent IBT to partners and other external parties
- in addition to daily coverage, build out special projects: rankings, event coverage, special reports, newsletters, etc
- Vision: Should be able to plan and execute creative solutions to grow IBT’s reach and influence
- Digitally Savvy: Be comfortable with external data — I.e. economic indicates, stocks, social trends etc, and internal ones, such as analytics data and real-time readership data
- Domain Expertise: In depth local general news experience with a slant to financial, business and investor news.
- Operational Expertise: Ability to build and organize a 24/7 newsroom, balancing commercial needs
- Multimedia Expertise: Comfort in text and vision for video, graphics, podcasts, etc
Editor-in-Chief will have a relevant bachelor's degree journalism, finance, business or a related field. Graduate or post-graduate degree a plus.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 20 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to their interests, analysis that serve their businesses, and insight to make sense of a globally connected world.