Reporters of Latin Times
Job Title: Reporters of Latin Times
Latin Times is seeking passionate, fearless reporters to join its news team to cover the main topics of Latino life in the United States. The successful candidates will help develop an editorial platform that caters to the needs for content and news of America’s fastest-growing community. They must be able to report and write engaging stories on multiple topics such as immigration, politics, business, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, etc. Reporters will be part of a team that is positioning Latin Times as the main point of contact for news, data and tools that help Latinos improve their everyday lives.
For this position, we will consider candidates with these strengths:
- Experience reporting on the Latino and Hispanic communities in the US.
- Experience in multiple beats (immigration, politics, culture, entertainment, sports, business, etc).
- A knack for engaging storytelling.
- A deep understanding of Latino culture.
- Experience in digital media.
As a Latin Times reporter, you will:
- Identify the top news of the day on their beat.
- Report, investigate, and write appealing stories following Latin Times’ standards of quality.
- Pitch and follow up stories with independent, original coverage.
- Collaborate with our Multimedia and Social Media teams to spread our content on every digital platform.
- Help maximize our reach with sound execution of SEO practices.
- Attend daily assignment meetings with Latin Times editors and fellow reporters
About Latin Times
Latin Times aims to be a light for the Latino Community in the United States and beyond. The light that highlights the rich culture, stories and accomplishments of everyday Latino’s, business leaders and politicians, and exposes the corruption and disparities within and against the Latino experience.
A unifying voice for Latino’s, Latin Times strives to build a family-friendly publication serving the next generation of Latinos, in every medium and every platform.