Job Title: Office Manager
International Business Times seeks Office Manager to handle front-desk receptionist duties and other light administrative works for downtown NYC office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with scheduling for executives and other staff as necessary. Familiarity with Google Calendar a must
- Support the planning and execution of returning to the office by implementing COVID policies and protocols that emphasize the health and safety of the office, and ensuring our team is following all safety protocols.
- Manage our return-to-office process, including overseeing maintenance and construction, coordinating furniture and office layout rearrangements, purchasing supplies, and assisting staff with office requests.
- Develop organizational procedures and systems for employees as we re-enter the office.
- Support staff with desk and space setup for transitioning back to the office after working remote.
- Serve as the primary contact for office-related needs, including managing all day-to-day operations of the NY office and supporting overall business continuity and office operational efficiency.
- Maintain a high-functioning office which including daily maintenance of appearance of common areas and meeting spaces, overseeing office supply orders and inventory, kitchen refreshments, as well as equipment and appliances.
- Manage the front desk by assisting employees and vendors, manage mail and packages (including outbound mailings), and respond to office requests both in person and via email.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and manage relationships with building management and vendors to ensure a clean and efficiently operating office; oversee and coordinate office maintenance for facility issues, repairs, cleanings, and improvements.
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts; maintain office budget and process invoices and expenses.
- Manage, maintain, and improve office policies around security and emergency action planning; manage security cards and office security systems. Take the lead role when responding to building and facility alarms and emergencies.
- Coordinate office events (when safe) such as All Hands by setting up and breaking down space, in collaboration with IT.
- Liaise with vendors for copiers, telephony, etc. troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots utility inquiries from NY sites i.e. Verizon, Con Ed, etc.
- Other assigned duties as requested.
- Must have experience with coordinating calendars and high-level meetings (Google Calendar) across time zones
- Must be willing to be on the front-lines of office management, including partial receiption role / greeting guests, and also ordering supplies
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail orientated with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and deadlines.
- Team player with a high level of discretion and superb decision-making ability.
- Must be a flexible, detail oriented, thorough, self-starter with the ability to multi-task, anticipate,
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 30 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to their interests, analysis that serve their businesses, and insight to make sense of a globally connected world.