Social Media Editor of IBTimes
Job Title: Social Media Editor of IBTimes
International Business Times, a global online news publication, is looking for a Social Media Editor in South East Asia. The ideal candidate will not only have the experience and skills of effectively managing an editorial room but will also have a deep understanding of Facebook (paid and organic), Reddit, and other Social Media platforms. The successful candidate will ‘live’ in Social Media platforms, observing and researching trends, and decide and assign stories to his or her content producers, so they can be ‘seeded’ on the platforms. The Social Media Editor must have a passion for sharing high-quality content, and a proven track record of successfully driving significant referral traffic from social platforms for another publisher.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of content producers (text, video) providing guidance and feedback to help them develop their skills and produce high-quality content that is specially tailored to do well on Social Media and other referral platforms
- Analyze Social Media results via Analytics platforms and optimize content output to increase traffic
- Research and analyze until the winning strategies are found
- Monitor industry trends, platforms and competitor activity to stay up-to-date on the social media trends
- At least three years of experience in as a media Editor
- At least three years of experience with Social Media as core work
- Deep knowledge of analytics and search engine/social media optimization
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Proven track record of achieving wins at previous media publications
- Experience optimizing content for Social Media audiences
- Deep knowledge of Facebook
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other web analytics tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with writers, editors, and other members of the team.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to multitask, and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
About IBT Media
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 20 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to their interests, analysis that serve their businesses, and insight to make sense of a globally connected world.